Secure Wireless-N Networking with Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
• Provides selectable-band high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for maximum performance
• Supports high-speed connections with Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface for demanding applications
• Bridges wired LANs together wirelessly to reduce cabling and installation costs
• Easy to set up and use with wizard-based configuration
• Safeguards business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, secure authentication, and rogue access point detection Product Overview
As business applications become more powerful and sophisticated, organizations are looking for new ways to extend the performance and reach of their office networks.
Delivering secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees, partners, and guests anywhere in the office is key.
The Cisco® WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with PoE makes it easy to deliver advanced 802.11n wireless networking with business-class features - at an affordable price.
This flexible solution is perfect for connecting up to 20 employees and can be expanded to accommodate additional users and changing business needs.
Built specifically for small businesses, the Cisco WAP321 offers selectable-band 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office.
Advanced quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize traffic to support bandwidth-sensitive applications.
This sophisticated control enables you to take advantage of voice over WLAN (VoWLAN) to place or receive calls over the wireless LAN infrastructure.
Designed for growing organizations, the Cisco WAP321 offers the ability to smoothly scale your network by bridging wired LANs together wirelessly, to reduce cabling and installation costs.
It supports multiple Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) to enable you to segregate traffic for different departments, users, and communication devices.
For companies that need to provide secure wireless guest access, the Cisco WAP321 offers captive portal support that lets you create a wireless hotspot with visitor authentication.
The Cisco WAP321 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes.
A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) support makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information data, the Cisco WAP321 supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption.
802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out.
With the Cisco WAP321, you can build on your existing network to deliver high-performance wireless access - with the scalability you need as your business grows and evolves.
Figure 2 shows a typical configuration using this Wireless Access Point.
Figure 2. Typical Configuration Features
• Highly secure, high-speed 802.11n wireless networking delivers enhanced throughput and extended range for bandwidth-intensive applications.
• Wizard-based setup and configuration enables fast, simple deployment.
• Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface provides high-speed connectivity for faster downloads and demanding applications.
• Selectable-band wireless access lets you switch bands to minimize interference from other office devices and improve performance.
• Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) support enables easy installation without the expense of additional wiring.
• Client bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
• Elegant, compact design with internal antennas and versatile mounting kit enables installation on a ceiling, wall, or desktop.
• Intelligent quality of service (QoS) prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance.
• Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
• Highly secure guest access enables safe wireless connectivity for visitors.
• Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades.
Figure 3. Back Panel of the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with PoE